Anyhoos the criteria this week was massive!! First off we had to create a mini album, this album needed to include 2 fabric pages, as well as 3 other pages using different mixed media bases. All pages needed to include stitching, paint, ink, buttons and collage. Lastly within this album we had to include a different shaped acetate page. This page had to include pp and words and of course all the above criteria also. Here are my pics and a bit of info.
- Front Cover- Made out of fabric, Lots of stitching on this. In between the fabric I actually have foam. In the middle I have painted with yellow and green. Cut out the huge rose from fabric. Adhered buttons. The big white and pink button binds my book closed by cotton. I then stitched this page onto the first inside page.
First inside page. Loads more stitching. I have also created a place to store my pens/pencils.
Second page- Base page is pp then I have awashed it with gesso for added dimension then painted over it with green. The words are all printed on Calico fabric then I have painted around my words. Collaged the page with flowers and buttons and lace, chipboard and sewing.
More close ups of the Album/Journal.
Page 3- Base is tissue paper glued with PVA then painted over with PVA with a touch of green. The words are again printed on calico fabric and painted around the edge. The roses in the corner are hand cut from fabric. Again loads of stitching. The next page is blank, ready for me to start my journaling.
Page 5- My acetate page. Which has been sewen onto page 6.
More close ups of the acetate Page. I really like the lace stitched around this page and yes I'm totally in love with the birdhouse and birds atm.
Page 6 above on the left is the page behind the acetate. I have made a collage of photos of myself and the kidlets and printed it on canvas paper. I wanted a clip, so I could continually change the photos as my family expands. Page 7- My base for this page is texture paste smeared all over cardstock, then I have given it a wash with green and pink paint. The words here are printed on canvas paper and I have made an envelope out of fabric to store little keepsakes.
Above is just a full view of 7 and 8
Page 9 and 10 - Page 10 base is a ripped up page from a book glued down with PVA. I have then let that dry and did the painting, You can barley see it, but there are clouds there too with machine stitching around that and page. I have also smeared again more paint on the paper and inked around the edges. After this was all dry and then painted over the entire page with gel medium so give it that glossy finish and to stop the ripped up parer from tearing in the future. Lastly added a bit of ric rac and buttons.
Last few pages, 11 and 12. Page 11's base is pp with paint, stitching and I attached this fabric pocket to store more bits and bobs and lastly adhered a LISA KAMPHIUS flower. Btw go and check out her blog, my awesome friend is selling some of her lovely handmade flowers :D
Page 12 is my last fabric page.
Lastly are some close ups and the very back of my album/Journal. I am now really happy with this piece :D At first I didn't like it due to the fact I had no idea what I was doing lol..I just went in and attacked this challenge blind. But thank you for stopping by and I love all your heartfelt comments..Truly makes me Love scrappin :D Be sure to go and check out the gallery here.
Anyhoos its wayyyyyyyyyy past my bed time..kids will be awake screaming for me soon lol. I will be back with more soon.
Love Belynda-Lee AKA lyn xx